|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global water treatment chemicals market is estimated to be valued at USD 33,930.28 million in 2022, and is expected to register a CAGR of 6.53% during the period of 2022-2027.
Due to COVID 19 outbreak, the chemical sector has been affected negatively around the world. The scarcity of resources, manpower shortages, and other constraints hampered the industry's expansion significantly. In the forecast period, the market is expected to reach the pre-pandemic level.
- The rising ground and surface water pollution and stringent regulations pertaining to wastewater treatment are likely to drive the growth of the water treatment chemicals market.
- Stringent Regulations Pertaining To Wastewater Treatment are also expected to boost the market growth, during the forecast period.
- On the flipside, the hazardous nature of hydrazine is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- Increasing focus on treating emerging contaminates is expected to unveil new opportunities for the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period owing to the high demand from countries like China and India.
Scope of the Report
Water treatment refers to the process that extracts or decreases pollutants and unwanted components from water so that it is suitable for end-use. The chemicals required in this method are referred to as water treatment chemicals. Algicide, Chlorine, Chlorine dioxide, and other chemicals are some examples of water treatment chemicals. The water treatment chemicals market is segmented by product type, end-user industry, and geography. By product type, the market is segmented into Coagulants and Flocculants, Defoamer and Defoaming Agent (Antifoams), Oxygen Scavengers, Corrosion Inhibitors, Biocide and Disinfectant, Oxidants, pH Conditioners/Adjuster, Sludge Conditioners, Scale Inhibitors, Organic Chemicals/Odor Removal (Activated Carbon), Other Product Types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Chemical Manufacturing, Mining, and Mineral Processing, Municipal, Food and Beverage, Pulp and Paper, and other end-user industries, and by geography, the market is segmented in Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle-East and Africa. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the water treatment chemicals market in 29 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Coagulants and Flocculants|
|Defoamer and Defoaming Agent (Antifoams)|
|Biocide and Disinfectant|
|Organic Chemicals/Odor Removal (Activated Carbon)|
|Other Product Types|
|Oil and Gas|
|Mining and Mineral Processing|
|Food and Beverage|
|Pulp and Paper|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Municipal End-user Industry to Dominate the Market
- The supply of pure water to the households is one of the chief requirements for all governments. The rising scarcity of potable water, coupled with the growing population and increasing water demand, is the major concern driving the demand for the membrane water treatment chemicals market worldwide.
- Municipal wastewater refers to the water that drains from toilets, showers, sinks, bathrooms, washing machines, dishwashers, and liquid industrial waste. Municipal wastewater should be treated before releasing it into the environment to avoid damage to the environment and the spreading of harmful diseases.
- The water treatment industry is expected to register a healthy growth rate in Mexico. The country housed a large number of wastewater treatment plants. It has almost 2,477 municipal wastewater treatment plants, 2,639 wastewater treatment plants, 874 potable water treatment plants, and 435 desalination plants. Ongoing research in the country indicates the government to majorly focus on the development of municipal wastewater treatment plants, mostly in the urban areas, which is likely to promote the demand for water treatment chemicals.
- In Germany, the increasing water treatment activities, primarily in the northern region, are boosting the demand for water treatment chemicals. Environmental protection and human health are considered extremely important in Germany. This importance has led to efficient water and wastewater treatment methods, and nearly 100% of the wastewater in Germany is treated to meet the highest standards set by the European Union.
- Therefore, the demand for wastewater treatment is expected to increase significantly in the upcoming forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the water treatment chemicals market, owing to the high demand from countries, like China and Japan.
- The rapid economic growth and urbanization in China are likely to drive the growth of several industries, like municipal, chemical, food and beverages, oil and gas, power generation, which, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for water treatment chemicals.
- Moreover, most of China’s population relies on groundwater sources for drinking water, which are either untreated or not properly treated by municipal water suppliers. Therefore, the need for water treatment chemicals increases.
- According to International Trade Administration, China plans to build or renovate 80,000 km of sewage collection pipeline networks and increase sewage treatment capacity by 20 million cubic meters/day between 2021 and 2025.
- In India, there has been an increase in chemical manufacturing plants. Additionally, the power generation sector in India is constantly evolving.
- In March 2021, the government informed that the investment of INR8 lakh crore is anticipated in the sector by 2025, with opportunities offered by the increase in demand by about 9% per annum over the next five years, with about 168 investment prospects and about 29 projects under development
- According to the Indian Ministry of Power, for the year 2021-22, the energy generation target for thermal, hydro, nuclear, and Bhutan imports has been set at 1356 billion unit with an increase of 9.83 % as compared to previous year's actual generation.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global market for water treatment chemicals is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include (in no particular order) Ecolab, Solenis, Suez, and Veolia, and SNF among others.
- In October 2021, Ecolab to acquire Purolite in order to provide high-quality purification and separation solutions. The deal is set up as a cash transaction worth about USD 3.7 billion.
- In June 2021, Kemira has announced two investments to expand capacity in water treatment chemicals at its Yanzhou site in China to serve the growing Asia-Pacific market.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Ground and Surface Water Pollution
4.1.2 Stringent Regulations Pertaining To Wastewater Treatment
4.2.1 Hazardous Nature of Hydrazine
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Coagulants and Flocculants
5.1.2 Defoamer and Defoaming Agent (Antifoams)
5.1.3 Oxygen Scavengers
5.1.4 Corrosion Inhibitors
5.1.5 Biocide and Disinfectant
5.1.7 pH Conditioners/Adjuster
5.1.8 Sludge Conditioners
5.1.9 Scale Inhibitors
5.1.10 Organic Chemicals/Odor Removal (Activated Carbon)
5.1.11 Other Product Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Oil and Gas
5.2.3 Chemical Manufacturing
5.2.4 Mining and Mineral Processing
5.2.6 Food and Beverage
5.2.7 Pulp and Paper
5.2.8 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Australia and New Zealand
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Scandinavian Countries
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/ Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Aditya Birla Chemicals (India) Ltd.
6.4.2 Albemarle Corporation
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.4 Buckman Laboratories Inc.
6.4.6 ChemTreat Inc.
6.4.10 Kurita Water Industries Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Focus on Treating Emerging Contaminates
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Water Treatment Chemicals Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Water Treatment Chemicals Market?
The Water Treatment Chemicals Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Water Treatment Chemicals Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Water Treatment Chemicals Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Water Treatment Chemicals Market?
Ecolab, Solenis, Veolia, Suez, SNF are the major companies operating in Water Treatment Chemicals Market.