Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market
The Vietnam feed concentrate market was valued at USD 2.07 billion in 2017, and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.97%, during the forecast period.
The consumption of feed in the country has grown simultaneously with the expansion of the livestock sector, and about 20 billion metric ton of animal feed is consumed every year. Of the total feed consumed, 13.3 billion metric ton is industrial feed and 6.3 billion metric ton is self-made feed.
Demand-supply Gap in Protein Sources for Animal Feed Restraining the Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market
Amino acid, a form of protein, is an important component added to feed concentrates for feeding the final product to animals. Presently, Vietnam imports a large amount of input materials, like protein for feed processing. In future, the demand for animal feed and feedstuff is likely to continually increase, due to the growth of livestock production, particularly by large-scale commercial farms. At present, Vietnam produces protein supplements in the range of 0.5 million metric ton to 1 million metric ton.
The deficit in the protein demand for feed in the year 2018, is 15 million metric ton and is estimated to increase to 16.9 million metric ton, by 2020. Hence, the domestic demand for protein in the manufacturing of feed concentrates is expected to increase the import of amino acids in the country, which, in turn, is expected to increase the price of feed concentrates in the country.
Energy Feed Accounts for the Largest Segment in Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market
The segment was estimated at USD 1.21 billion in 2017. Medium- to large-scale farmers usually use industrial feed to raise livestock (pigs, cows, and poultry), in order to ensure the quality of meat, milk, and egg as well as to reduce the risk of diseases. Small scale farmers use industrial feed in critical phases of livestock development (piglets, breeding pigs, etc.), but in other phases, they often use ingredients like rice bran of cassava to produce self-made feed, in order to save costs.
Oil cake from large-scale oil mills is often used as an ingredient in compound animal feeds. Some seeds, such as castor beans and yield oil cakes are not suitable for direct incorporation into animal feed, as they contain toxic substances.
Major Players: EuromiX, Cargill Inc., Nutreco, Mixscience, and Dachan Food, among others.
Reasons to Purchase Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market Report
- To have an understanding of the Vietnam feed concentrate market and growth trends during the forecast period
- The report outlines drives, restraints, and trends that are currently affecting the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitors’ overview and company share analysis
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2. Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Analysis Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market Insights
3.1 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.1.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.1.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.1.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.1.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.1.5 Degree of Competition
3.2 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market Dynamics
4.1 Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market Drivers
4.1.1 Increasing Consumption of Animal and Animal By-products
4.1.2 Government Strategies to Improve the Agricultural Condition of the Country
4.1.3 Improvement in the Meat Export Sector
4.2 Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market Restraints
4.2.1 Fluctuation in Grain Prices in the Country
4.2.2 Government Regulations
4.2.3 Demand-supply Gap in Protein Sources for Animal Feed
5. Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Animal Type
5.1.4 Companion Animals
5.2 Feed Type
5.2.1 Energy Feed
5.2.2 Protein Feed
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1.2 Cargill Inc.
7.2.1 Dachan Food
8. Future Outlook of Vietnam Feed Concentrate Market