The USA Hydro turbine Market has been estimated at USD XX billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020. Hydro turbines are the device that converts hydraulic energy into the mechanical energy. The turbines transfer the energy from a flowing fluid to rotating shaft. Hydropower is a relatively mature industry that has been generating electricity since 19th century. Hydropower is providing approximately 17% of the world’s electricity and more than 50% of clean, renewable electricity output annually, worldwide. Hydro technology with a lower environmental impact such as low head turbines, small hydro and run-of river are extremely popular to meet energy needs.
These Hydro turbines offer solutions to both Power generation companies as well as the agricultural applications, which include electricity production, agriculture, marine applications, mechanical drive, industrial, pumps.
This market is strongly driven by a number of factors, such as Increasing Energy Demand, rise in demand for Cleantech, US government Policy targets that show inclination towards this technology etc. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such Design challenges of the turbine, Ecological concern related to dams, Relocation and rehabilitation of affected stakeholders, Environmental Issues, long gestation period & high installation cost of dams, and others. These factors may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
This market is broadly segmented into two main types of hydro turbines: impulse and reaction. And reaction turbines were further divided into Kaplan, francis and reversible francis. The type of hydropower turbine selected for a project is based on the height of standing water referred to as "head" and the flow, or volume of water, at the site. Other deciding factors include how deep the turbine must be set, efficiency, and cost.
The market has also been geographically segmented into West which is subdivided into Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, Arizona; Mid west into Illinois, Ohio, South Dakota, Michigan; South into Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, North east into Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey. occupying the largest consumer base in the world. France and Spain follow the list in the same order. It has been estimated that only a third of the total world hydropower capacity has been developed, with most of this development and growth occurring in Europe and have made this region an area of immense potential and opportunities. However, the price sensitivity in this region has considerably hindered the growth of this market.
The market has more relevance today since trends show that US is highly inclined towards renewable energy. The major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are Canyon Hydro, eTurbines, Inc, Hydro Green Energy, Kiser Hydro, LLC, Nautilus Water Turbine, Rentricity, The James Leffel & Co, UEK Corporation, United Hydro Services and others. The current trends in mergers and acquisitions indicate that the smaller companies are acquiring the bigger ones for higher innovations by utilizing their core competencies. The technology offers a huge potential of change in hydro power production market all over the world.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the USA Hydro turbine Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the USA Hydro turbine market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Markets Covered
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Demand to 2021
4.3 Recent Developments in Hydro turbines industry
5. Drivers, Constraints and Opportunities
5.1.1 Increasing Energy Demand
5.1.2 Rise In Demand For Clean Tech
5.1.3 Policy targets
5.1.4 Untapped potential
5.2.1 Design challenges of the turbine
5.2.2 Ecological concern related to dams
5.2.3 relocation and rehabilitation of affected stakeholders.
5.2.4 Environmental Issues
5.3.1 New Technology Innovations
6. Industry Supply Chain Analysis
7. United States Hydro turbines Market Analysis, by Technology
8. United States Hydro turbines Market Analysis, by configuration
8.1 Spiral casing
9. United States Hydro turbines market Analysis, by Sizes
9.1 Small (below 1 MW)
9.2 Medium (1-10 MW)
9.3 Large (above 10 MW)
10. United States Hydro turbines Market Analysis, by Region
11.2 Mid west
11.4 North east
12. Key Company Analysis
12.1 Canyon Hydro
12.2 eTurbines, Inc.
12.3 Hydro Green Energy
12.4 Kiser Hydro, LLC
12.5 Nautilus Water Turbine
12.7 The James Leffel & Co.
12.8 UEK Corporation
12.9 United Hydro Services
13. Competitive Landscape
13.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
13.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
14.1 Contact Us