North America is one of the fastest growing fiberglass markets with the US as one of the leaders of fiberglass production in the region. The demand for automotive fiberglass in the US is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3% by volume during the forecast period.
Easy availability of high-quality raw materials used in fiberglass such as silica and limestone and increasing demand for fiberglass in the region from various industrial and automotive applications have helped to drive the growth of the market significantly in the region.
The rise in demand for fiberglass in the US has attracted the leading regional manufacturers of Asia-Pacific and Europe to increase their emphasis on tapping the demand for automotive application arising from the country. Fiberglass is widely used for the various vehicle types, especially sports cars, camper vans and light commercial vehicles, SUVs and other passenger cars.
The presence of glass fiber substitutes such as carbon fiber and aramid poses a serious challenge to the growth of automotive fiberglass market. Tough competition from the regional players of Asia-Pacific like China and Japan has also been instrumental in affecting the growth of the players in the US market. On a positive note, the demand for lightweight, durable and heat resistant materials for automotive components will help to propel the growth of automotive fiberglass in the US market. Nevertheless, stringent emission norms in US, along with the technological advancement in the materials and manufacturing process are expected to create a major opportunity for growth of automotive fiberglass in the country.
In this report, the market is segmented on the basis of the production process type and application type. In a nutshell, automobile component manufacturers are focusing on collaborating with the top fiberglass manufacturers in order to produce durable, heat resistant and lightweight automotive components.
Some of the key players in the US market for fiberglass are:
- Braj Binani Group
- Fiber Glass Industries
- Kemrock Industries and Exports Limited
- ZCL Composites Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the US automotive glass fiber composites market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on country-wide scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities, along with the identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 New Developments in R&D/ Latest Technologies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Production Type (Growth, Trends and Forecasts)
5.1.1 Hand Layup
5.1.2 Resin Transfer Molding
5.1.3 Vacuum Infusion Processing
5.1.4 Injection Molding
5.1.5 Compression Molding
5.2 By Application Type (Market crackdown, trends and forecasts)
5.2.1 Structural Assembly
5.2.2 Power Train Components
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Joint Ventures
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Most active companies in the past five years
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. KEY PLAYERS (Overview, Strategies, Developments, Analyst Perspective)
7.1 Braj Binani Group
7.2 Fiber Glass Industries
7.3 Jiangsu Changhai Composite Materials Co., Ltd
7.4 Kemrock Industries and Exports Limited
7.5 Lintex International Company Ltd.
7.6 Molded Fiberglass Companies
7.7 Performance Composite Inc.
7.8 Plasti Comp Inc.
7.9 PPG Industries Inc.
7.10 Smart Material Corp.
7.11 ZCL Composites Inc.