Ukraine Maize Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)

Looking to buy the report?

Ukraine Maize Market 

Ukraine holds an important position in the European maize market, especially for trade. The overall scenario of the maize supply and demand is majorly affected by Ukraine alone. Maize is the second most grown crop in Ukraine after sunflower, followed by soybean, the third most important crop in Ukraine.

The total maize production of Ukraine has declined by 18.08% compare to the previous year. In 2014-15, the total production of maize was 28.48 MMT, which declined to 23.33 MMT in 2015-16. The reason for the lower production in Ukraine was the dry weather in the growing season of 2015.

Lower production has affected Ukraine’s maize trading business. The total Ukrainian maize export declined by 20.14% from 19.66 MMT (in 2014-15) to 15.70 MMT (2015-16). The EU and Ukraine together account for 10% of the global maize exports and around 46% of the Ukrainian maize is exported to Europe. Major importers of Ukrainian maize are EU, Japan, Middle East, Egypt, South East Asia, South Korea and China. At the same time, Ukraine’s maize import has increased by 40% in 2015-16. Argentina, Brazil, South Africa and the United States are the major countries exporting to Ukraine.

Ukrainian maize is mostly used for animal feed; around 88% (7 MMT) of the total domestic consumption is utilized for this purpose. The remaining 12% is used in corn food, seeds, and other industrial uses. The volume is 1.40 MMT in 2015-16.

Political instability in Ukraine and problems related to Russia, Ukraine, and European countries have affected the Ukrainian maize trading.  Any politically influenced policy can put a ban on the export and import of Ukraine. Another issue is the opening of doors to GMO crop cultivation, especially in maize production. GMO maize may increase the production at the farm level, however, at the export front, there will be a drastic decline as the EU (largest importer of Ukrainian maize) and many other countries are against the GMO food crop. This will destroy the total maize trading balance in Ukraine.

The Ukrainian maize crop market report covers the following information –

  • Crop production
  • Ukrainian consumption
  • Ukrainian trade (export-import) scenario and statistics
  • Price trend and seasonality of the crop
  • Future outlook of the crop market

Stakeholders who would benefit -

  • Crop growers
  • Enterprises providing agricultural inputs
  • Crop processing companies
  • Crop importers and exporters
  • Investors/research institutions interested in the crop market

1. Introduction

                1.1 Definition of the Market

                1.2 Research Methodology

2. Executive Summary

3. Market Overview

4. Market Segmentation

                4.1 Production Analysis

                4.2 Consumption Analysis

                4.3 Market Value

                4.4 Price Trend

                4.5 Import Market Analysis by Value

                4.6 Import Market Analysis by Volume

                4.7 Export Market Analysis by Value

                4.8 Export Market Analysis by Volume

Looking to buy the report?

Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?

Looking to customize report?



By submitting, you confirm that you agree to our privacy policy