|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global tonic water market is projected to increase at a CAGR of 7.1%, during the forecast period, 2021-2026.
- Tonic water is a carbonated soft drink in which quinine is dissolved. Originally Tonic water was used as a medicine against malaria but now it has significantly lower quinine content and is consumed for its distinctive bitter flavor. It is often used in alcoholic drinks, particularly in gin and tonic.
- The market is driven by the rising disposable income of people due to modernization, promotion of tonic water as a mixer with alcohol, increasing popularity of tonic water because of availability of different variants and also due to the surging popularity in social media and internet which has led to the increased sale of tonic water.
Scope of the Report
The global tonic water market is segmented by product type and distribution channels. Based on product type, the market is segmented into regular tonic water, low-calorie tonic water, slimline tonic water. Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into off-trade and on-trade. The off-trade segment is further classified into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, and others. Based on geography, the study provides an analysis of the tonic water market in the emerging and established markets across the globe, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
|By Product Type|
|Regular Tonic Water|
|Low Calorie Tonic Water|
|Slimline Tonic Water|
|By Distribution Channel|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Low-Sugar and Naturally Flavored Tonic Water
Consumers have developed a strong preference for premium spirits and are willing to spend money on innovative products with a distinct character. As a result, there is a growing preference for premium-priced mixers including tonic water. The resurgence of the cocktail trend in emerging economies has boosted growth for the super-premium tonic water category. In addition, diet tonic water is gaining increasing acceptance among consumers owing to its lesser sugar content as compared to regular, diet variants that possess fewer calories or carbohydrates. Companies are also bringing in new naturally flavored water in this product segment, intending to cater to the consumers’ specific needs for diet consciousness and taste factors. For instance, Sodastream offers naturally flavored diet tonics with zero calories.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Dominates the Market
North America accounted for a significant market share in the global tonic water market. North America is the second-largest supplier of tonic water in 2017. The popularity and surging demand for gin are expected to boost the acceptance of tonic mix in the next few years. The mixing of tonic water in alcoholic beverages is prominent in developed countries. The market is still at its nascent stage in the developing economies due to less awareness about the product and also a relatively lower preference of gin. As compared to North America and Europe, the Asian countries having a high consumption of gin such as the Philippines, do not use alcoholic mixers frequently.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Some of major key players in the tonic water market, globally includes Fever-Tree, Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc., Hansen Beverage, Fentimans Ltd, SodaStream Inc. among others. In recent years, Fever-Tree has expanded its offering to include mixers for other spirits alongside tonic water. Its product line-up now includes Sicilian lemonade, Madagascan cola, ginger beer, and ginger ale. As with the company’s tonic water, many of those drinks come in various different flavors.
- In May 2021, Fentimans launched a new 200ml mixers and tonic range. The new 200ml mixer range, which includes Tonic Water, alongside its iconic Ginger Beer and Rose Lemonade, will continue to be made using Fentimans unique 100-year-old artisanal technique. The range also includes Fentimans versatile range of colored and flavoured tonics, suitable for pairing with a broad range of spirit categories
- Feb 2020, Love Tonic, a new mixer brand launched quinine-free tonic water suitable for blending with gin, vodka, tequila, whisky, or rum in the United Kingdom.
- Nov 2017, Schweppes launched Schweppes 1783, a collection of naturally flavored premium mixers that the company claims to work perfectly to create a variety of serves designed to elevate spirits.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Regular Tonic Water
5.1.2 Low Calorie Tonic Water
5.1.3 Slimline Tonic Water
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience stores
5.2.3 Online Retailer
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc.
6.4.3 Hansen Beverage
6.4.4 Fentimans Ltd
6.4.5 SodaStream Inc.
6.4.6 White Rock Beverage Ltd
6.4.7 El Guapo Bitters
6.4.8 The Coca-Cola Company
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Tonic Water Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Tonic Water Market?
The Tonic Water Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.1% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Tonic Water Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Tonic Water Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Tonic Water Market?
Coca-Cola, Keurig Dr Pepper, Inc., Hansen Beverage, Fentimans Ltd, El Guapo Bitters are the major companies operating in Tonic Water Market.