The South America fertilizer industry shall have a CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period of 2017-2022, as the nutrient requirements and active ingredients usage are set to rise. Factors supporting the market are economic growth, potential for the agriculture sector, and input-output prices.
Major drivers for the fertilizer market growth in South America are increased demand for food grains and need for land use efficiency. Application of fertilizers for bio-fuel production in countries like Brazil and Argentina are also helping the market. While the potential is comparatively high in the developing countries of South America, the demand would be restricted by low adaptability and regulatory constraints in the region.
By type, the market is divided into nitrogen, phosphorus, potash and other macro fertilizers wherein nitrogen-based fertilizers account for the highest market share. By application, the market is explained by crop and non-crop usage.
The South American fertilizers market demand is led by export-oriented agricultural countries like Brazil and Argentina. While Brazil accounts for the majority market share, demand would grow at a faster rate in Argentina.
Key Industry Players
Major players accounting for substantial market share are:
- Yara International
- Terra Nitrogen Company
- Potash Corp
Geographical expansion with country specific product innovations is the major strategy followed by the market players.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the South America market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South America fertilizers market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increasing Demand for Food Grains
5.1.2 Need for Land Use Efficiency
5.1.3 Increased Use of Bio-Fuel
5.2.1 Regulatory and Environmental Concerns
5.2.2 Low Adaptability to Changing Practices
5.3.1 Preference for Healthy and Nutrient Rich Food
5.3.2 Product Innovations and Multi-Functional Fertilizers
5.3.3 INM Practices
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
126.96.36.199 Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN)
188.8.131.52 Ammonium Nitrate
184.108.40.206 Ammonium Sulfate
220.127.116.11 Other Nitrogenous Fertilizers
18.104.22.168 Mono-Ammonium Phosphate (MAP)
22.214.171.124 Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP)
126.96.36.199 Triple Superphosphate (TSP)
188.8.131.52 Other Phosphatic Fertilizers
6.2 By Application
184.108.40.206 Grains & Cereals
220.127.116.11 Oil Seeds
18.104.22.168 Fruits & Vegetables
22.214.171.124 Turf & Ornamental Grass
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 South America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures
7.3 New Product Launches
7.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.5 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Bayer Crop Science
8.4 CF Industries Holdings
8.5 Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan
8.6 The Mosaic Company
8.7 Yara International
8.8 Bunge (BG)
8.9 Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)
8.11 Terra Nitrogen Company
8.12 Converted Organics
8.13 Monsanto Company
8.14 Intrepid Potash
8.15 E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company
8.16 Nufarm Ltd.
8.17 Sumitomo Chemical
8.18 Dow Agrosciences Llc.
8.19 Israel Chemicals Ltd.
8.20 Syngenta AG.
8.21 K+S AG
8.23 Haifa Group
8.24 Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile SA
List of Tables
1. South America Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
2. Brazil Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
3. Argentina Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, Z91: Z104 (USD million)
4. Other South American Countries Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, Z91: Z104 (USD million)
5. South America Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
6. South America Nitrogenous Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
7. South America Phosphatic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
8. South America Phosphatic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
9. South America Potassic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
10. South America Other Fertilizers Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
11. South America Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
12. South America Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
13. Brazil Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
14. Argentina Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
15. Other South American Countries Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)