The South American Biological Organic Fertilizer Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.5% during 2017-2022. Organic fertilizers are derived from many animal plant based residues, mineral ores and also developed from beneficial microorganisms.
Organic fertilizer is applied in bulk or in concentrate depending on the nutrient level content in the particular concentration of product ingredients. These are low cost renewable sources of plant nutrients which supplement chemical fertilizers. The selected strains of beneficial soil microorganisms used either for seed treatment or soil application are particularly gaining momentum among farming community.
Focus on organic cultivation and the need for sustainable farming practices are the major reasons for a growing consumption of organic fertilizers in South America. Increasing cost of chemical fertilizers along with chemical toxicity of chemical inputs pave the way for shifting to safer application of organic fertilizers. Various government subsidies and initiatives in developing countries for sustainable organic farming is expected to maintain continuous growth in the market. Less awareness among the farmers especially is restraining the growth of the market. The developing and untapped markets of South America would provide substantial growth opportunity for the market.
The regional organic fertilizers market is divided into two major segments namely organic residue based fertilizers and microorganism (biofertilizers) depending on the source of nutrients and raw materials. More than half of the market share is covered by microorganism based organic fertilizers.
By means of microorganisms, nitrogen fixing bacteria such as rhizobium, azotobacter are widely applied and account for major market share. Organic residue based fertilizers are classified into farm yard manure (FYM), crop residues and green manure etc. depending on the source of raw material. By application in crops, the market is segmented into crop based and non-crop based applications. Application of these fertilizers is more in oil seed crops and perennial crops like fruits and vegetables.
The consumption of organic fertilizers in South America is expected to increase with rising awareness among the farmers about the benefits of bio based and organic residue based fertilizers. The regional demand is led by major export based agriculture regions of Brazil and Argentina.
Key Industry Players
The key players in the market are focused on new product launch to cater to wider consumer base and expand market share in local market. The market place is fragmented due to the presence of number of local manufacturers. Most active companies in the South American biological organic fertilizer market are- Bonafrux Agricola Ltda., Subir Comcio E Represent., Nutriorganica, Organics Brasil and Tecbox Rio - High Quality Organic Brazilians etc.
In this report we offer:
- Market analysis for the South America Biological Organic Fertilizers Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South America Biological Organic Fertilizers Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.1 Market Dynamics
220.127.116.11 Increased practise of organic farming
18.104.22.168 Hazards of chemical fertilizers
22.214.171.124 Government support to the manufacturers
126.96.36.199 High synthetic fertilizers demand and easy regulatory structure
188.8.131.52 Less awareness among farmers about application and benefits
184.108.40.206 Organizations promoting organic agriculture
220.127.116.11 Untapped South American market
4.1.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Buyers
126.96.36.199 Threat of New Entrants
188.8.131.52 Threat of Substitute Products
184.108.40.206 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
220.127.116.11 Blue-green Algae
18.104.22.168 Phosphate solubilizing bacteria
5.1.2 Organic residues
22.214.171.124 Crop residues
126.96.36.199 Green manure
5.2 By Application
5.2.3 Fruits and Vegetables
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 South America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Joint Ventures
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Most active companies in the past five years
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Novozymes A/S
7.2 Rizobacter Argentina S.A.
7.3 Lallemand Inc.
7.4 T Stanes & Company Limited
7.5 Camson Bio Technologies Limited
7.6 Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd
7.7 Nutramax Laboratories Inc.
7.8 Antibiotice S.A.
7.9 Biofosfatos do Brasil
7.11 Bio Protan
7.13 Bonafrux Agricola Ltda.
7.14 Subir Comcio E Represent.
7.16 Organics Brasil
7.17 Tecbox Rio - High Quality Organic Brazilians