Sand Control Systems Market
The oil & gas industry is currently undergoing a revival phase and is directly impacting the long-suppressed oilfield services market. In May 2018, the Brent Crude and WTI Crude prices reached USD 77.21 per bbl and USD 71.14 per bbl respectively. The rising oil prices are expected to boost the oil & gas exploration and production activities across the globe while creating ample opportunities for companies providing oilfield services such as sand control systems.
Rise in oil prices - Driving the market in short term
Sand Control Systems is required in more than 70% of all hydrocarbon production wells around the world. Hence, a rise in drilling activity and sanctioning of new oil & gas projects are of utmost relevance to the sand control systems market. Higher oil prices, lower offshore development costs, and improved gas demand outlook have led to an investment of more than USD 110 billion in new projects since the beginning of 2017. Several onshore and offshore projects were approved during the last 18 months, which were placed on hold during the oil price crash. Thus, the current rise in oil & gas prices which has led to rise in drilling activity and revival of many oil & gas projects in several oil fields in the world is among the most significant market drivers for the sand control systems market.
North America – Largest oil & gas mobility market at regional level
Drilling activities in North America have been increasing amidst rising oil & gas prices. The North American rig count reached 1118 in the first week of May 2018. The US accounted for 1032 rigs while Canada and the Gulf of Mexico had 86 rigs and 19 rigs operating respectively. The figure was up by 114 from the 974 rig counts recorded in the first week of May 2017. This surge in drilling activities has created optimism in the North American Oil & gas market and will help the region dominate in sand control systems market during the forecast period.
US Set to Maintain High Demand in Sand Control Systems Market
The total oil production in the US reached 6837000 bbl per day in April 2018, while the gas production touched 65,829 million cft per day. Moreover, the US rig count reached 1032 in the first week of May 2018 from 665 in the first week of January 2017. Further, US crude oil has surged nearly 7 % and briefly rose above USD 75 per barrel for the first time since November 2014. This has led to a gain in confidence by several oil & gas developers in the country. Furthermore, the development of several deepwater fields will add much new oil production as well as gas in the country, while opening new avenues oilfield services companies engaged in sand control systems.
Key Developments in the Sand Control Systems Market
- Feb 2018: Schlumberger and Subsea7 S.A. announced that they have entered into exclusive negotiations to form a joint venture that builds on the success of Subsea Integration Alliance, which was established in 2015.
Sand Control Systems Market Major Players
- Baker Hughes - a GE Co.
- Schlumberger Ltd.
- Weatherford International Ltd.
- National Oilwell Varco Inc.
- Halliburton Company
- Superior Energy
- RGL Reservoir Management Inc.
- Welltec A/S
Reasons to Purchase Sand Control Systems Market Report
- Current and future sand control systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customize Sand Control Systems Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Scope of Study
2.2 Market Definition
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Study Deliverables
2.5 Research Phases
3. Sand Control Systems Market Overview
3.2 Global Oil & Gas Production & Consumption and Forecast until 2023 (in mtoe)
3.3 Oil & Gas Upstream CAPEX Analysis
3.4 Recent Trends and Developments
3.5 Investment Opportunities
3.6 Government Policies and Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Sand Control Systems Market Drivers
4.2 Sand Control Systems Market Restraints
4.3 Sand Control Systems Market Opportunities
5. Sand Control Systems Market Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 Sand Control Systems Market By Well Type
7.1.1 Open Hole
7.1.2 Cased Hole
7.2 Sand Control Systems Market By Deployment
7.3 Sand Control Systems Market By Sand Control Method
7.3.1 Passive Sand Control (Non Intrusive Measures)
7.3.2 Active Sand Control (Intrusive Measures)
22.214.171.124 Resin Injection
126.96.36.199 Gravel Pack
188.8.131.52 Slotted Liners
184.108.40.206 Frack Pack
220.127.116.11 Other Methods
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 North America Sand Control Systems Market Analysis (2018-2023)
8.2 Asia-Pacific Sand Control Systems Market Analysis (2018-2023)
8.3 Middle East & Africa Sand Control Systems Market Analysis (2018-2023)
8.4 Europe Sand Control Systems Market Analysis (2018-2023)
8.5 South America Sand Control Systems Market Analysis (2018-2023)
9. Key Company Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Financial Analysis**, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
9.1 Baker Hughes - a GE Co.
9.2 Schlumberger Ltd.
9.3 Weatherford International Ltd.
9.4 National Oilwell Varco Inc.
9.5 Halliburton Company
9.6 Superior Energy
9.7 RGL Reservoir Management Inc.
9.8 Welltec A/S
*list not exhaustive
10. Sand Control Systems Market Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
11.1 Contact Us
*let us know if you are interested in any specific company profile
**Subject to availability on public domain