The polyurethane adhesives market is expected to register a moderate CAGR during the forecasted period, 2018-2023. Asia-Pacific dominated the polyurethane adhesivse market in 2017, and is also expected to register the fastest growth during the forecast period.
Rapidly Growing Construction Industry in Asia-Pacific & the Middle East Driving the Market
The construction industry was the largest consumer of polyurethane (PU) adhesives in 2017. Asia-Pacific region has the largest construction market globally and is expected to outpace both the United States and Europe in terms of construction investment over the next five years. With construction investment expected to average USD 1.61 trillion annually, such rapid growth in the construction sector is expected to significantly drive the market for polyurethane adhesives in the upcoming years. The Middle East region is also one of the fastest growing construction markets in the world with the growth majorly driven by countries, such as Saudi Arabia and UAE. Such positive outlook is expected to drive the polyurethane adhesives market in the region through 2023.
Solvent-borne - The Technology Dominating the PU Market
Solvent-borne adhesives have better bond performance, are more flexible, and can be formulated to adhere to a broader range of substrates. As these adhesives are formulated with organic solvent, they are less sensitive to contaminants (like grease and oil on the substrate to be bonded) compared to other types of adhesives. However, these adhesives contain significant amounts of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can be harmful and which often act as irritants, and are generally subject to regulations across the world, especially in United States, and Europe. Still, owing to their superior adhesion properties they are widely used by various end-user industries.
Asia-Pacific – The Largest Regional Market
Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest market for polyurethane adhesives owing to a huge demand from countries, such as India, China, South Korea, and various countries in Southeast Asia. Exceptional investments in infrastructure, growing automotive production in various countries, rising manufacturing activities in electrical and electronics especially in China is expected to drive the polyurethane adhesives market in Asia-Pacific region through the forecast period.
- September 2017: H.B. Fuller Company announced their decision to acquire Royal Adhesives and Sealants for USD 1.575 billion. The successful acquisition would make the combined company one of the world’s largest makers of specialty adhesives
- August 2017: Sika AG acquired ABC Sealants, a Turkish-based manufacturer of sealants and adhesives
Major Players: Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Arkema (Bostik), ITW, Mapei, and HB Fuller, RPM International, Sika AG, and 3M Company, among others.
Reason to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand the dominating resin type, technology, end-user industry in the market
- Identifying the regions and countries, which are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rapidly Growing Construction Industry in Asia-Pacific & the Middle East
4.1.2 Augmenting Usage in Automotive Sector
4.1.3 Increased Usage in the Footwear Industry
4.2.1 Strict VOC Regulations in North America and Europe
4.3.1 Shifting Focus towards Bio-based Polyurethanes
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Resin Type
5.2 By Technology
5.2.3 Hot Melt
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.2 Building & Construction
5.3.6 Electricals & Electronics
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 3M Company
8.3 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
8.4 Ashland Inc.
8.5 Avery Dennison Corp.
8.7 Wacker Chemie AG
8.8 Franklin International
8.9 Gorilla Glue, Inc.
8.10 H.B. Fuller Co.
8.11 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
8.12 Hexcel Corporation
8.13 Huntsman Corp.
8.14 ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.)
8.15 LORD Corp.
8.17 Mapei SPA
8.18 Master Bond
8.19 RPM International
8.20 Sika AG
8.21 Scott Bader Company Ltd.
8.22 DELO Industrial Adhesives
*List Not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain