Organic Acids Market Insights
The global organic acid market was valued at USD XX million in 2017 and is expected to reach USD XX million by 2023, at an estimated CAGR of 5.9%, during the forecast period.
Most of the food products are infused with preservatives, in order to increase their shelf life. Organic acids are extensively used for regulating the acidic content of foods, and enhance the food flavor. Most manufacturers prefer using natural preservative, as the consumers have evolved from low to high involvement buyers. Moreover, they are willing to spend more on products with higher natural contents.
Organic Acids Market Dynamics
The increasing applications of organic acids in food & beverage are driving the growth of this market. Due to the antioxidant and antibacterial properties of organic acids, food manufacturers use it as a food preservative to provide good shelf life to the packed foods and beverages. They are also used as the flavor enhancers in food. High growth in pharmaceutical industry is also fuelling demand for organic acids, due to its functional properties such as lactic acid is commonly used in pharmaceutical industry. Further the use of organic acid in textile, feed and personal care industry is also remarkable.
Organic Acids Market Segmentation
On the basis of application, the organic acids market can be segmented into food & beverage, feed, industrial, pharmaceutical, and others. Organic acids are primarily used as an essential ingredient in packaged food and beverage, especially in convenience food products, for preservation. Organic acids are also used in pharmaceuticals, plastic making, textiles, paper, metal, beverage making, as well as and in manufacturing of personal care products.
Regional Analysis of Organic Acids Market
Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share of XX% and is expected to register the highest CAGR, during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The organic acids market growth can be attributed to the increasing consumption of processed food and growing disposable income. Europe is one among the regions that has high potential for growth of organic acids market. North America is expected to witness comparatively slower growth as compared to other regions.
Key Developments in Organic Acids Market
- BASF launched a new organic acid Lupro-Mix® NA, it will make animal drinking water safer by improving acidification and suppressing the growth of microorganisms
- Corbion acquired the lactic acid business of ADM. This acquisition strengthens the corbion’s position in the North American lactic acid market
Competitive landscape of Organic Acids Market
Some of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of the organic acids include: BASF, Cargill, Eastman Chemical Company, E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company, The DOW Chemical Company, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Henan Jindan Lactic Acid Technology Co. Ltd, Corbion N.V., Koninklijke DSM N.V, and Tate & Lyle. These companies focus on expansion of facilities and product portfolio, due to the growing demand for organic acids in the food industry.
Reasons to Purchase Organic Acids Market Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimates sheet in excel
Customization of Organic Acids Market Report
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of Organic Acids Market Study
1.2 Organic Acids Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary of Organic Acids Market
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. MARKET INSIGHTS
3.1 Organic Acids Market Overview
3.2 Organic Acids Market Trends
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Organic Acids Market Drivers
4.2 Organic Acids Market Restraints
4.3 Organic Acids Market Opportunities
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Organic Acids Market By Type
5.1.2 Formic Acid
5.1.3 Citric Acid
5.1.4 Lactic Acid
5.1.5 Propionic Acid
5.1.6 Ascorbic Acid
5.1.7 Fumaric Acid
5.1.8 Gluconic Acid
5.2 Organic Acids Market By End-use
5.2.1 Food & Beverage
6. BY GEOGRAPHY
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.1.4 Rest of North America
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.7 Rest of Europe
6.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5.1 South Africa
6.5.2 Rest of Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Most Active Companies
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. COMPANY PROFILES
8.3 Eastman Chemical Company
8.4 E. I. Dupont De Nemours and Company
8.5 The DOW Chemical Company
8.6 Archer Daniels Midland Company
8.7 Henan Jindan Lactic Acid Technology Co. Ltd
8.8 Koninklijke DSM N.V.
8.9 Tate & Lyle
8.10 Corbion N.V.
8.11 Myriant Corporation
8.12 Calanese Corporation