North America is the current leader in packaging automation market. The region accounts for more than 30% of the global share and it is still growing. The growth in this region is attributed to factors like the culture of e-commerce and packaged food industry in North America. The North America packaging automation market is expected to grow from USD 16 billion in 2016 to USD 17.57 billion by the end of 2021. The market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 1.57% during this period.
With increasing globalization of production and the intensely competitive nature of the packaging industry, cost cutting becomes imperative as companies are striving to maximize profits; but compromising on quality is not an option as the consumers are increasingly being aware and conscious of the products they use. This has created a great need for automation to be employed in packaging.
The emergence of the Asian market has resulted in drastic changes in the dynamics of manufacturing and production across Europe and North America. The availability of cheap labor has enabled companies in these regions to achieve increased productivity with lesser capital investments. As a result of this global nature of business, companies are able to claw deep into the market share of players from the developed economies and they are now facing a severe brunt.
It is virtually impossible for the firms in developing nations to compete with their counterparts in developed nations without automation. This is a major factor pushing companies to implement automation in packaging solutions, which although are initially expensive to setup, provide long-term benefits economically and also in terms of the quality of the packaging.
Competition in the marketplace is forcing manufacturers to implement effective cost cutting measures. Adopting cost cutting measures means automating different manual processes and increasing the level of semi-automation process.
- Increasing pressure on manufacturers to cut down operating costs
- Emerging markets are emerging as low-cost labor and increased competition
- Reduces machine downtime and product waste
- Initial costs are high
Processes like filling, labeling, bagging, palletizing, capping and other several stages of packaging have been automated in many parts of the world. No more manual intervention is required for these processes. Enterprises manufacturing products like food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, personal care, beverages and even warehouses are increasingly using such automation solutions to streamline their business processes as well as reduce operating costs.
PC based automation, integrated automation environment and motion sensing technology are some key trends in this market. The integration of the packaging process by incorporating techniques like machine to machine communication will ensure enhanced automation process and effective packaging.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end user industry. Along with analysis of the major players and their strategies detailed market estimates for the next five years are also included. Some of the major vendors providing packaging automation solutions are ABB, Mitsubishi, Schneider Electric, Rockwell Automation, Swisslog and Rockwell Automation.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
- The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- The report contains a wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current
1.1 Key Findings
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Factors Driving the Market
3.2.1 Increasing Pressure on Manufacturers to Cut Down Operating Costs
3.2.2 Emerging Markets are Emerging as Low Cost Labor and Increased Competition
3.2.3 Reduces Machine Downtime and Product Waste
3.3 Factors Restraining the Market
3.3.1 Initial Costs are High
3.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4. Technology Overview
4.1 Technology Snapshot
4.2 Industry Applications
4.3 Types of Packaging Automation Solutions
4.3.3 Horizontal/Vertical Pillow
4.3.4 Case Packaging
5. North America Packaging Automation Market by Businesses
5.1 B2B e-commerce retailers
5.1.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.2 B2C e-commerce retailers
5.2.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.3 Omni Channel Retailers
5.3.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.4 Wholesale Distributors
5.4.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.5.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.6 Personal Document Shippers
5.6.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.7.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6. North America Packaging Automation Market by End-User Market
6.1.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.2.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.3.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.4.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.5.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.6.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.7.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.8.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.9.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
7. North America Packaging Automation Market Segmentation by Solution
7.1.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.1.2 Analyst View
7.2.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.2.2 Analyst View
7.3 Horizontal/Vertical Pillow
7.3.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.3.2 Analyst View
7.4 Case Packaging
7.4.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.4.2 Analyst View
7.5.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.5.2 Analyst View
7.6.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.6.2 Analyst View
7.7.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.7.2 Analyst View
7.8.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.8.2 Analyst View
7.9.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.9.2 Analyst View
8. North America Packaging Automation Market Segmentation
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.4 Analyst View
9. Vendor Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.1.2 Major Packaging Services
10.1.4 Recent Developments
10.2.2 Major Packaging Services
10.2.4 Recent Developments
10.3 Rockwell Automation
10.3.2 Major Packaging Services
10.3.4 Recent Developments
10.4.2 Major Packaging Services
10.4.4 Recent Developments
10.5.2 Major Packaging Services
10.5.4 Recent Developments
10.6 Emerson Industrial Automation
10.6.2 Major Packaging Services
10.6.4 Recent Developments
10.7 ULMA Packaging
10.7.2 Major Packaging Services
10.7.4 Recent Developments
10.8 ATS Automation Tooling Systems
10.8.2 Major Packaging Services
10.8.4 Recent Developments
10.9.2 Major Packaging Services
10.9.4 Recent Developments
10.10 Massman Automation Designs, LLC
10.10.2 Major Packaging Services
10.10.4 Recent Developments
10.11 Schneider Electric
10.11.2 Major Packaging Services
10.11.4 Recent Developments
10.12.2 Major Packaging Services
10.12.4 Recent Developments
10.13 Gerhard Schubert GmbH
10.13.2 Major Packaging Services
10.13.4 Recent Developments
11. Future of North America Package Automation Market
List of Figures
List of Tables