The economy of the Middle East countries grew from 3% to more than 5% in 2012 and the inflation rate has remained relatively constant. Africa is also on the rise. Economy, for the most part, is booming given the relatively stable political scenario in the region. Africa’s GDP growth from 4.7% in 2013 to 5.2% in 2014 and the FDI growth of 16%, reaching USD 43 billion in 2014, shows a positive economic trend. Countries across Africa, from mineral-rich Sierra Leone and Congo to agrarian economies like Ethiopia and Rwanda, have shown growth across multiple macro-economic parameters.
The Middle East and Africa active and intelligent packaging market is estimated to grow from USD 740 million in 2016 to USD 950 million by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 5.18%. The growth is spurred by the growing economies and increasing need for packaging.
The Middle East and Africa packaging market are witnessing a remarkable growth. Increasing demand for these packaging products because of changing lifestyles and demand from manufacturers for longer shelf life is driving this market growth. Government’s strict regulations regarding food packaging and safety standards are other such factors which are contributing to the market growth.
Packaging is also being altered to suit the needs of the fast food consumer who are rapidly replacing traditional meals with packaged foodstuff. This has increased the need for testing the packaging of products to ensure higher shelf life and the reduction of costs normally associated with damaged goods. The need to ensure the quality of the package is a key driver to the testing market as packages now need to be more durable and even a trace of toxicity is completely unacceptable especially in food and pharmaceutical sector.
The advent of globalization has necessitated the transport of goods around the world; this has made the assurance of shelf life and integrity of the package significant. Packaging is bound by regulations and standards defined by authorities like American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and International Safe Transit Association (ISTA). With the evolving nature of the packaging industry, these regulations are also becoming more stringent.
Package testing companies test different packaging products by doing several tests on products. The major tests include drop test, shock test, vibration test, shelf life test and compression test. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end user industry. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included along with the analysis of the major players and their strategies.
Some of the major companies in package testing are DDL, Intertek, SGS, CSZ Testing Services Laboratories, CRYOPAK, Advance Packaging, Nefab, National Technical Systems, Turner Packaging and Caskadetek.
- Rigorous control regulations and administration and qualification demand
- Demand for longer shelf life of the products under varying conditions
- High costs associated with package testing
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, and overview of different packaging testing technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends of the type of package testing technology.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major enterprises providing package testing services, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major testing services, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who should be interested in this report?
- Vendors who are into testing of different packaging products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Manufacturers in need of better understanding of different testing methods and companies which are providing such services.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wants to know about this industry.
1.1 Key Findings
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Factors Driving the Market
3.2.1 Rigorous Control Regulations and Administration and Qualification Demands
3.2.2 Demand for Longer Shelf Life of the Products Under Varying Conditions
3.3 Factors Restraining the Market
3.3.1 High Costs Associated with Package Testing
3.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
3.6 Industry Policies
3.6.1 ASTM Standards
3.6.2 ISO Standards
3.6.3 ISTA Standards
4. Technology Overview
4.1 Technology Snapshot
4.2 Industry Applications
4.3 Types of Package Testing Services
4.3.1 Package Integrity Testing
4.3.2 Package Strength Testing
4.3.3 Package Shelf Life Studies
4.3.4 Package Validation
4.4 Types of Package Testing
4.4.1 Drop Tests
4.4.2 Vibration Tests
4.4.3 Shock Tests
4.4.4 Temperature Testing
4.4.5 Atmospheric Pressure Testing
4.4.6 Shelf Life Testing
4.4.7 Compression Testing
5. Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market by Primary Materials
5.1.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
5.2.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
5.3.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
5.4.2 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6. Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market by Type
6.1 Drop Tests
6.1.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.1.2 Analyst View
6.2 Vibration Tests
6.2.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.2.2 Analyst View
6.3 Shock Tests
6.3.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.3.2 Analyst View
6.4 Temperature Testing
6.4.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.4.2 Analyst View
6.5 Atmospheric Pressure Testing
6.5.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.5.2 Analyst View
6.6 Shelf Life Testing
6.6.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.6.2 Analyst View
6.7 Compression Testing
6.7.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.7.2 Analyst View
6.8.1 Market Size and Forecast Analysis
6.8.2 Analyst View
7. Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market Segmentation by Country
7.1 Middle East and Africa
7.1.1 Market Shares and Trends
7.1.2 Analyst View
8. Vendor Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.1 DDL, Inc.
9.1.2 Major Packaging Services
9.1.4 Recent Developments
9.2.2 Major Packaging Services
9.2.4 Recent Developments
9.3.2 Major Packaging Services
9.3.4 Recent Developments
9.4 CSZ Testing Services Laboratories
9.4.2 Major Packaging Services
9.4.4 Recent Developments
9.5.2 Major Packaging Services
9.5.4 Recent Developments
9.6 Advance Packaging
9.6.2 Major Packaging Services
9.6.4 Recent Developments
9.7.2 Major Packaging Services
9.7.4 Recent Developments
9.8 National Technical Systems
9.8.2 Major Packaging Services
9.8.4 Recent Developments
9.9 Turner Packaging
9.9.2 Major Packaging Services
9.9.4 Recent Developments
9.10.2 Major Packaging Services
9.10.4 Recent Developments
10. Future of Middle East and Africa Package Testing Market
11. List of Figures
12. List of Tables
14. Works Cited