Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Middle East and Africa Baby Food Packaging Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2 % over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The Covid-19 pandemic had a positive effect on the baby food packaging industry, as people tried to store baby food during the lockdown. Moreover, due to a large number of deaths (especially of new moms), the demand for baby food grew exponentially. The companies have started to meet the demand and rebalance the sustainability goals that normalize e-commerce, incorporate hygiene, redefine sustainability.
- High birth rates, increasing consumer awareness, and higher disposable income are the factors driving the demand for baby food packaging solutions in the region. Another factor that is augmenting the need for packaging solutions is an innovation, led by baby food manufacturers to meet varying consumer needs.
- Companies in the region are increasingly using sustainable and recyclable packaging materials. They are constantly looking for green, innovative, and recyclable alternatives to normal packaging.
- The significant growth in the middle class in this region has opened new opportunities in the baby food packaging market, as the need for products compatible with a working women's schedule is growing.
Scope of the report
Baby food packaging products are specially designed for packaging food material for infants and toddlers. A wide variety of packaging materials, such as glass jars, plastic containers, metal cans, folding cartons, and other solutions, are used for packaging baby food products, including dried foods, prepared foods, and milk formula.
The scope of the study is currently focused on the Middle East And Africa. The study tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the industry. The study also tracks the impact of COVID-19 on the overall Middle East And Africa Baby Food Packaging Market and its performance. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included, along with the study of the major players and their strategies.
Key Market Trends
Plastic is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- The region is generally hot; baby foods are often stored in pouches or protective packages to reduce the chances of damage and staling. Moreover, they are easy to carry and small pouches which are for one-time use and throw, plastic packagings are cost-effective.
- Protective packaging, such as air pillows and bubble wraps, are expected to hold the prominent share in the forecast period as freight transit often includes rough handling or bumps in the road, thus, creating the imperative need for bubble wraps and air pillows in the baby food packaging industry supply chain forms a sturdy barrier against impact.
- In powder milk formula, the launch of single-serve plastic sachets, for instance, by the Enfamil brand, indicates the busy life of working parents and thus, increases the importance of ready nutrition products.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Saudi Arabia to Hold the Largest Market Share
- Saudi Arabia has a rapidly developing retail sector, and the market for baby food has grown steadily. The demand for baby food in Saudi Arabia has further potential for growth given the increased exposure to Western lifestyles, the underlying strength of the economy. As the baby food segment by volume grew, the packaging market also has seen heights.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the major economies in the Middle East and Africa. Growing disposable income in African countries has led to rising in the affordability of baby food products, which has resulted in improved quality food from the infant stage. The growth of the baby food/formula market is also being driven by the increasing number of migrants settling for employment purposes.
- The rise in the number of working women over the past five years is expected to favor the market for baby food packaging. According to the world bank, the working women population in the country is more than 48% till 2020.
- As the sector of baby food production grew in the region, the packaging market also grew as they are directly proportional. Post COVID-19 parents are preferring healthy, sustainable, eco-friendly, and one-time-use packaging for the safety of their babies and environment.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the largest consumers of plastic products in the GCC region. According to the recent estimates of GPCA, the country has over 95 kg per capita consumption of plastics, making it the largest consumer of plastic products in the entire GCC.
- Strict government targets have been set for annual collection and recycling over the next five years, and the EPR will see investment in collection infrastructure in the country. Any company or brand that makes or imports any form of packaging for distribution in South Africa will be required to pay an extended producer responsibility (EPR) fee per ton from May 2021. This has encouraged vendors to look for alternative packaging solutions such as paper and renewable plastic packaging.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The baby food packaging market is highly fragmented, owing to the presence of many domestic and international players. The market is fragmented, with the players competing in terms of price, product design, product innovation, etc. Some of the major players in the market are Ardagh Group, Amcor Ltd, Mondi Group, and Sealed Air Corporation, Winpak Limited, among others.
- July 2021- Al Bayader International, the packaging and cleaning solutions provider, has secured medium-term financing to build the region’s largest food packaging industrial complex in Sharjah’s Al Sajaa Industrial City. When completed in 2023, the facility will quadruple its total production capacity to over 120,000 tonnes.
- February 2021 - The packaging giant Tetra Pak will raise awareness of the importance of recycling and pave the way for Saudi Arabia’s community to make better use of recyclable material.
- October 2021 - Elopak is reinforcing its presence in growth markets and investing in profitable growth with the acquisition of Naturepak Beverage Packaging Co Ltd, the leading gable top fresh liquid carton and packaging systems supplier in the MENA region.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growing Demand of Packaged Baby Food and Infant Formula
4.3.2 Increasing Working Women in Urban Areas residing Population
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Stringent Government Regulations over Single-Use Plastic-based Packaging
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.2 By Package Type
5.2.2 Metal Cans
5.2.6 Other Packaging Type
5.3 By Product
5.3.1 Liquid Milk Formula
5.3.2 Dried Baby Food
5.3.3 Powder Milk Formula
5.3.4 Prepared Baby Food
5.4 By Country
5.4.1 United Arab Emirates
5.4.2 Saudi Arabia
5.4.3 South Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Ardagh Group
6.1.2 Amcor Ltd.
6.1.3 Sonoco Products Company
6.1.4 Mondi Group
6.1.5 Berry Global Inc.
6.1.6 Rexam PLC
6.1.7 Winpak Ltd.
6.1.9 Uflex Ltd.
6.1.10 Hindustan National Glass
6.1.11 Constantia Flexibles
6.1.12 Tetra Laval
6.1.13 DS Smith Plc
6.1.14 Ball Corporation
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The MEA Baby Food Packaging Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of MEA Baby Food Packaging Market?
The MEA Baby Food Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in MEA Baby Food Packaging Market?
Amcor PLC Ltd, Winpak Limited, Mondi Group, Ardagh Group, Sealed Air Corporation are the major companies operating in MEA Baby Food Packaging Market.