Constant monitoring and inspection are essential for healthy operation and safety of personnel at the workplace. Employing humans for inspection and monitoring is not only costly and time taking but risky to personnel. Drone is expected to be one of the most promising technology in the coming years, and its demand for inspection and surveillance is increasing among the oil & gas companies. Rapid development in airborne robots and reduced costs is expected to make it easier to detect leaks and oversee infrastructure. Drone-based inspection can save oil & gas companies up to USD 1-5 million per day in recovered production costs.
Increasing Adoption of Drone Services in Industry
The downturn in the oil & gas industry has encouraged oil & gas operator companies and supply industry across the globe, including in the Latin America region to cut down on operating expenditure and apply innovative techniques, which offers similar efficient application at a reduced cost. As part of cost optimization process and various benefits offered, more and more oil and gas companies in Latin America are embracing emerging technologies such as drone services which are safe, efficient, faster and less expensive, hence allowing them to minimize downtime and increase productivity. In 2017, Skyx drone completed the inspection of more than 100 kilometers of gas pipeline in Mexico, identifying more than 200 abnormalities in the pipeline, therefore reducing the cost and increasing the accuracy compared to manual inspection for the company. Such activities are expected to further increase the adoption of drones in the oil & gas sector and in turn is expected to increase the demand of drone services in the region.
Mexico is one of the Fastest Growing Market
With the liberalization of the oil & gas industry and increasing interest of foreign companies such as Exxon Mobil, Royal Dutch Shell, BP Plc, and Total SA are expected to light up some hope for the drone services in the country’s upstream oil & gas industry. These foreign companies have started to use the drone in some of their projects outside Latin America. In January 2018, the country awarded 19 out of 29 deepwater blocks. Total of 39 bids was received for the 19 blocks. The most aggressive bidder was Shell (won 9 blocks) followed by Repsol, Petronas, Qatar Petroleum and PEMEX. These 19 blocks are estimated to receive around USD 90 billion over the lifetime of the contract, in which foreign companies are expected to play a major role. Increasing investment in the country’s upstream sector by foreign companies are expected to create ample opportunity for the drone services market.
Notable Developments in the Market
- Apr 2018: D2R Technology announced strategic partnership with Texo Drone Survey & Inspection (UKCS) for Brazil. This partnership will result in D2R becoming company’s official partner in Brazil. Texo DSI (UKCS) will provide its range of advanced UAV deployed survey and inspection solutions for various projects in Brazil.
The major players include - Cyberhawk Innovations Limited, SkyX Systems Corp., DATUM INGENIERÍA, Texo Drone Survey and Inspections Limtied, D2R technologies, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future Latin America oil & gas drone services market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The region that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Scope of Study
2.2 Market Definition
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Study Deliverables
2.5 Research Phases
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYSIS
6. INDUSTRY ATTRACTIVENESS - PORTER’S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS (Introduction, Market Size, and Demand Forecast in USD million, until 2023)
7.4 Rest of Latin America
8. KEY COMPANY PROFILES* (Overview, Major Projects, Financials**, and Recent Developments, Analyst View)
8.1 Cyberhawk Innovations Limited
8.2 SkyX Systems Corp.
8.3 DATUM INGENIERÍA
8.4 Texo Drone Survey and Inspections Limited
8.5 D2R technologies
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
9.2 Strategies Adopted by Major Players
(*) List is not exhaustive
(**)Subjected to availability on public domain