The Iran Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Market was valued at USD XX.XX in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX.XX by 2020, at a CAGR of XX.XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
The Iran oil & gas exploration and production market is segmented on the basis of application into onshore and offshore. On the basis of services, the market is segmented into well intervention, wireline logging, coiled tubing, completion & equipment services, pressure pumping, drilling waste management, and oil country tubular goods.
Iran holds some of the world's largest deposits of proven oil and natural gas reserves. It ranks as the world’s fourth largest oil and second largest gas reserve. The country has been a major player in the global market for a few decades now. Yet, Iran faced adverse business situations owing to the country’s exports in recent years that have been essentially capped by the Western sanctions aimed at pressuring Tehran over its nuclear ambitions; Western sanctions have knocked 1.2 million barrels per day offline since 2012. Due to this, a few countries have closed their oil & gas trade ties with Iran, which has also affected upstream investments in the oil & natural gas projects.
Oil & gas exploration and production is a complex process, wherein each and every step requires sophisticated technology, equipment, expertise, and capital. Iran’s upstream projects have been developed at a slower pace, have been delayed or completely stalled due to lack of technology and expertise. The removal of oil embargo is expected to usher the much needed major international investment in the Iranian oil & gas industry. Moreover, in a bid to improve the contract terms with the international oil companies (IOCs) and to balance risk and reward, Iran has recently announced a new oil contract model called the Iranian (or Integrated) Petroleum Contract (IPC) to lure foreign investments.
The primary purpose of this new framework is to address some of the perceived limitations of buy-back contracting structure and resulting economics that will incentivize the IOCs to consider more challenging projects in the country.
A number of new exploration and development blocks were announced over the past several years, which could provide Iran an opportunity to increase its crude oil production and investors an opportunity to look into. Iran has identified around 50 oil & gas projects worth USD 189.0 billion that can increase its crude oil production capacity. Moreover, it is estimated that the oil production from Iran’s fields in the Persian Gulf will rise by nearly 40.0% by 2020. This will lead not only to an increased E&P activity, but to competition with other major oil producing countries.
Therefore, the need for revamping the oil & gas infrastructure to support the targeted production rates, rise in domestic consumption, and surge in investments on offshore exploration, boosting investors’ confidence by New Iranian Petroleum Contract (IPC), prodigious oil reserves and the need for technology, capital and markets are some of the factors driving the Iran oil & gas exploration and production market.
On the flipside, operational problems, time taken in revoking sanctions, lack of better contract terms, regulatory concerns, and the geo-political tensions potentially disrupting supply are some of the factors that are hindering the growth of this market.
Major players present in this market are Statoil, Eni SpA, Chevron Corp., Gazprom, and Weatherford International among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the Iran Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Iran oil & gas exploration and production market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Iran Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Market Overview
3.2 Upstream Investment Analysis
3.3 Recent Developments in Oil and Gas Industry
3.4 Government Policies and Regulations
3.4.1 Integrated Petroleum Contract (IPC).
3.5 Investment Opportunities
4. Iran Oil and Gas Scenario
4.1 Reserves in Iran
4.2 Iran Contribution to Regional and World Oil Production From 2000 - 2017
4.3 Iran Oil and Gas Production Scenarios in the Mid-term and Long-term Scenario
4.4 SWOT Analysis of Iran Oil and Gas Industry
5. Oil and Gas Fields in Iran
5.1 Onshore Oil and Gas Blocks
5.1.2 Key Project information
18.104.22.168 Existing Projects
22.214.171.124 Projects in Pipeline
126.96.36.199 Upcoming Projects
5.2 Offshore Oil and Gas Blocks
5.2.2 Key Project information
188.8.131.52 Existing Projects
184.108.40.206 Projects in Pipeline
220.127.116.11 Upcoming Projects
6. Market Dynamics
7. Iran Oilfield Services Market Analysis
7.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast till 2023
7.3 Market Analysis, by Type
7.3.1 Drilling Services
18.104.22.168 Market Size and Demand Forecast till 2023
7.3.2 Completion Services
22.214.171.124 Market Size and Demand Forecast till 2023
7.3.3 Production Services
126.96.36.199 Market Size and Demand Forecast till 2023
7.3.4 Other Services
188.8.131.52 Market Size and Demand Forecast till 2023
8. Key Company Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
8.1 State Owned Companies
8.2 Foreign Companies Participation in Iran Upstream Market
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
9.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
10.2 Contact Us