India Starch and Starch Derivative Market Insight
The India starch and starch derivative market is projected to grow at the rate of 5.1% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023. The Indian starch and starch derivative market is highly impacted by the export-import factors, which add high value to the revenue. Due to high production and less consumption of starch and starch derivatives in India, exports contribute, to larger extent, to the growth of the market studied. Other factors driving the market studied are abundant availability of raw-materials, low production costs incurred by the manufacturers, and presence of many new players in the market.
Abundance of Raw Materials Boost the Demand in India Starch and Starch Derivative Market
The major raw material for the Indian starch and starch derivative market is maize. Other raw materials used are potato and tapioca but, the volume of starch production using these raw materials is small as compared to that from maize. Apart from maize, tapioca (cassava) is also used for the production of starches but in a limited quantity, due to high demand-supply gap of tapioca.
The Indian market for tapioca has less number of players, which in turn, is not able to cater the growing demand of tapioca-based starch in various applications, such as snacks. The demand is met through the imports from other countries, like Thailand, etc.
Owing to the increasing applications in textile, food, and pharma industries, the starch and starch derivative market is largely driven with the high availability of the major raw-materials, such as maize, high rate of production of substitute raw-materials and less increase in variable production and operating costs.
High Scope of Market Penetration Due To Product Innovation in Various Applications of Starch and Starch Derivatives in India
With the growing demand for starch and starch derivatives in various application in Asia-Pacific and increasing investments in the technology by the key players, the Indian starch and starch derivative market has a broad scope to enter and explore.
With increasing innovation, the applications in confectionary segment is expected to grow, at a faster rate, which leads to an increase in the requirement of glucose-corn syrup in food application in India.
In July 2018, KMC launched new Cheese Maker solution for the growing vegan consumer segment. Based on potato starch and naturally GMO-free and non-allergenic, it can be an alternative for diced, shredded, and sliced cheese.
Key Developments in India Starch and Starch Derivative Market
- July 2017: Gulshan Polyols Ltd. set up a new unit under the Grain Processing Division (GPD) for the manufacturing of native starch, with a potential to process 300 ton of corn per day.
- June 2016 : Archer Daniels Midland Company completed the acquisition of a Casablanca, Morocco-based corn wet mill that produces glucose and native starch.
The most active companies are – Sayaji Industries Limited, The Sukhjit Starch and Chemicals Ltd, ADM, Gulshan Polyols Ltd, Gujarat Ambuja Exports Limited, Vijayanagar Biotch Ltd, and ROQUETTE FRERES SA among others. Most companies are making significant investments in R&D, which is in line with developing quality starch products for its consumers and also to explore new applications of starch products
Reasons to Purchase the India Starch and Starch Derivative Market Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst supports, along with the Market Estimates sheet in excel
Customization of India Starch and Starch Derivative Market Research Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
4.1.2 Processed Food and Confectionery
4.1.3 Paper and Corrugation
5. Market Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Active Companies
5.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Tirupathi Starch And Chemicals Limited
6.3 Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
6.4 Universal Starch Chem Allied Ltd
6.5 Gulshan Polyols Ltd
6.6 Sahyadri Starch & Industries Pvt Ltd
6.7 Sayaji Industries Limited
6.8 The Sukhjit Starch And Chemicals Limited
6.9 Gujarat Ambuja Exports Limited
6.10 Vijayanagar Biotech Limited
6.11 Roquette Freres SA