Food Rheology Modifiers Market Insight
Rheological behavior is associated with textural qualities such as mouth feel, taste, and shelf-life stability. Various food formulations, such as soups, salad dressings, gravies, sauces toppings, bakery products, and other packaged food & beverage products use rheology modifiers like hydrocolloids as additives to achieve the preferred viscosity and mouth feel.
The global food rheology modifiers market is expected to register an estimated CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period.
Rising Consumption of Packaged & Processed Food Industry
The developed and urban areas in developing economies have been observing demographic changes with decrease in the number of persons per household. There are more single households currently, thus creating greater demand for processed food products, preferably in smaller packages or single portions. The rising consumption of packaged foods indicates the utilization of food rheology modifiers in these products, ranging from emulsifiers, hydrocolloids, texturants and anti-caking agents in applications such as savory snacks, bakery products, functional beverages, and so on. Increasing demand for healthy, organic and natural ingredients, in turn driving the market for natural food additives including rheology modifiers derived from botanicals or other sources.
Hydrocolloids to Witness Highest Growth
On the basis of type, the hydrocolloids segment is expected to register highest growth rate of 5.9% during the forecast period. Within hydrocolloids, starch accounts for highest share, followed by other hydrocolloids. Major starch-using food industries include confectionery, dairy, dessert, pet foods & meat products, ready-to-eat meals, bakery, sauces and salad dressings.
The emulsifiers segment of rheology modifier market was valued at USD 2448 million in 2015 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 5.4 during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Strong Growth in Food Rheology Modifiers Market
The hydrocolloids segment in North American region was valued at USD 1970.3 million in 2015, while it is expected to register a CAGR of 6.1% in Europe. Within Asia-Pacific region, China, India, and Japan are the leading producers of processed foods, beverages which are giving a further boost to the market for food rheology modifiers in this region.
Key Developments in the Food Rheology Modifiers Market
- March 2017: The global producer of specialty hydrocolloid solutions CP Kelco had announced the completion of new production capabilities in its Okmulgee, Oklahoma plant for manufacturing KELCOGEL gellan gum.
- December 2016: Cargill had expanded its line of emulsifiers with addition of de-oiled canola lecithin with a claim that it can be utilized by food manufacturers in organic products and does not have to be declared as major food allergen. The company markets its’ ingredient as a one-to-one replacement for its other lecithin types (soy and sunflower based lecithin).
Food Rheology Modifiers Market Competitive Landscape
- Archer Daniels Midland.
- Tate & Lyle Plc.
- Cargill Incorporated.
- Royal DSM.
- DuPont Danisco.
- Kerry Group.
- Palsgaad A/S.
Reasons to Purchase Food Rheology Modifiers Market Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customize Food Rheology Modifiers Market Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Market
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services 2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rising Consumption of Packaged & Processed Food & Beverage Products
3.1.2 Increasing Sensory Oriented Consumers
3.1.3 Expanding Penetration of Organized Retail Sector in developing Economies
3.2.1 Stringent & Varying Regulations Pertaining to Food Additives
3.2.2 Complexities in Supply Chain in Food & Beverage Industry
3.3.1 Demand for Clean Label Solutions & Transparent Labeling
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 By Type (Value in USD million, 2015-2023)
18.104.22.168 Bio-based Emulsifiers
22.214.171.124 Synthetic Emulsifiers
126.96.36.199.1 Mono-, Di-glycerides & Derivatives
188.8.131.52.2 Sorbitan Esters
4.1.2 Anti-Caking Agent
4.1.2 Anti-Caking Agent
184.108.40.206 Sodium Compounds
220.127.116.11 Silicon Dioxide
18.104.22.168 Gelatin Gum
22.214.171.124 Xanthan Gum
4.2 By Application (Technical Aspects and Functional Property of Each Category )
4.2.1 Dairy & Frozen Products
4.2.4 Meat, Poultry & Seafood
4.2.5 Oils & Fats
5. Regional Analysis
5.1 North America
5.1.4 Rest of North America
5.2.6 Rest of Europe
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4 South America
5.4.3 Rest of South America
5.5 Middle East & Africa
5.5.1 South Africa
5.5.2 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Kerry Group
7.2 Royal DSM
7.3 Cargill Inc.
7.4 Tate & Lyle
7.7 DuPont Danisco
7.9 Archer Daniela Midland
7.10 CP Kelco
7.11 Corbion N.V.