A typical air separation unit (ASU) divides the atmospheric air into three pure gaseous components, namely nitrogen (N2), oxygen (O2). and argon (Ar). Moreover, the unit separates other rare inert gases (krypton, xenon, helium, and neon) through the cryogenic rectification of air. The growing demand for industrial and specialty gases in the oil & gas industry, along with the increased purity level of gases, owing to the technological advancements in distillation and filtration capabilities, is expected to drive the Europe air separation unit market during the forecast period.
The air separation techniques across the world are constantly being re-engineered. Further, the ongoing optimization efforts are aimed at enhancing the overall operating efficiencies and increasing the production capacity, which is possible with a single air separation unit. These efforts aim at reducing the energy consumption and high-capital costs that are associated with the production of oxygen and nitrogen. Active R&D activities reduce the energy requirements of air separation unit in tonnage quantities.
Growing Usage of Industrial Gases in Various Industries - Driving the Market
End-user industries, such as fertilizers, petrochemical, and oil & gas, contribute to more than 25% of the industrial gas demand in Europe, with Germany, France, and Italy representing two-thirds of the industrial gas demand in the region. Hence, the increasing usage of industrial gases is expected to propel the growth of the air separation unit market in Europe.
The European Commission are focusing on promoting the growth of the steel industry in the region, by linking the industry with numerous industrial sectors, such as automotive, construction, electronics, and renewable. The growth in these industries is expected to, in turn, propel the demand for industrial gases, thus, driving the demand for air separation unit in Europe during the forecast period.
Factors Affecting the Market
The market for air separation unit is expanding at a rapid pace, however, it is facing some obstacles. Some factors that hinder the growth of air separation unit market include, high energy consumption and high capital costs. In addition, energy efficiency improvements, structural shifts in the European industry, and rise in gas prices are some factors decelerating the industrial gas demand, which has, in turn, affected the growth of air separation unit market.
Cryogenic ASUs – Positive Scope for Growth
A cryogenic air separation unit is used in medium to large-scale plant to produce nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and other atmospheric gases in either liquid or gaseous form. A cryogenic ASU is the largest process segment of the air separation unit market and expected to witness a significant growth during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the low capital and operating expenditure, ease of operation, low maintenance cost, plant and component reliability, process control features, and relatively higher capacity.
Germany - The Country with the Highest Market Share
Germany is the hub for industrial gases in Europe, with the headquarters of two major international companies, namely Linde and Messer. The country is leading the air separation unit market in the European region. European governments of countries, like Germany and France, have allocated a significant share of funds on infrastructure, ranging from 20% to 35%. The rise in investments for infrastructural development gives a scope to the growth of industrial gases. The growing Russian petrochemical industry is driving the demand for industrial gases. Moreover, in the United Kingdom, this demand is fluctuating every year and growing at an average rate of 2% per annum. The UK market is dominated by BOC/the Linde Group with approximately 50% of market share.
MAJOR PLAYERS: Air Liquide SA, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Enerflex, Linde AG, Messer Group GmbH, Praxair, Inc., SIAD, Sol-SPA, Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation, Tri-Gas, Inc.
Reasons to Purchase This Report
- Identify the drivers, restraints, and opportunities possessed by the Europe air separation unit market, with in-depth analysis
- Analyze the various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identify the largest and fastest-growing countries in the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness: Porter's Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Europe Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, by Process (Market Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 Cryogenic Distillation
7.2 Non-cryogenic Distillation
8. Europe Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, by Gas Type (Market Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
9. Europe Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, by Industry Served (Market Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
9.1 Oil & Gas Industry
9.2 Steel Industry
9.3 Chemical Industry
9.4 Health Care Industry
9.5 Food & Beverages
10. Europe Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, by Country (Market Overview Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
10.5 United Kingdom
10.6 Rest of Europe
11. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Business Segmentation, Financial Analysis**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
11.1 Air Liquide SA
11.2 Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
11.4 Linde AG
11.5 Messer Group GmbH
11.6 Praxair, Inc.
11.9 Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
11.10 Tri-Gas, Inc.
(*List of companies is not exhaustive. Please let us know if you are interested in any company profile)
12. Competitive Landscape
12.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
12.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
12.3 Market Share Analysis
12.4 Strategies adopted by leading players
13.1 Contact Us
(**Subject to availability on public domain)