Canada’s soft drink packaging market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.4% in terms of sales volume to reach 16 billion units over the forecast period 2017 - 2022. The soft drinks packaging market in Canada, including packaging of bottled water, juice, concentrates, carbonates, RTD coffee, and RTD tea, limited its progression in 2014 at 13 billion units. The reason was mainly the moderate gain in PET packaging, almost fully offset by the continuing weakening of almost all other packaging types, including metal, glass, liquid cartons, paper-based containers, and flexible packaging in 2014.
Soft drinks are the second most consumed drink after water, with plastic being the most used material for soft drinks packaging. Increasing population and rising disposable income have led to an increasing demand for soft drinks across the world. Packaging plays an important role in the soft drinks market. Efficient packaging solutions offer benefits like ease of use, disposability, and enhanced user experience. These benefits have led to the growth in demand for packaging solutions for the soft drinks segment. The other trend augmenting demand are the new and innovative products, which help manufacturers enhance their brand visibility while offering product differentiation.
The majority of carbonated soft drinks are sold in aluminum cans and PET bottles. They are also sold in bulk in the food service industry through soda fountains. Only a very small portion of CSDs are still packaged in glass bottles, and these are usually packaged in smaller sizes, due to changing consumer preferences and lifestyles as well as increased costs associated with transporting heavy, low-volume glass containers versus high volume-to-packaging ratio PET bottles and aluminum cans.
Canada’s soft drink packaging market is segmented on the basis of material (plastic, paper, metal, and glass), soft drink product (juices, bottled water, energy drinks, ready-to-drink (RTD), and carbonates), and products (beverage cans, PET bottles, and boxes).
This report gives a detailed study of Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis. The report considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles the leading suppliers of Canada’s soft drink packaging market.
Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are:
- Crown Holdings
- Nuconic Packaging
- Tetra Pak International
- The Scoular Company
- Toyo Seikan
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for Canada’s soft drink packaging market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints
- Market analysis for Canada’s soft drink packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect Canada’s soft drink packaging market on a regional scale
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Soft Drink Consumption
4.2.2 Increased demand for convenience packaging from consumers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Environmental concerns regarding usage of plastic
4.3.2 Stringent Government Regulations
4.4 Current Opportunities in the Canada Soft Drinks Packaging Market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of substitute products and services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.7 Industry Policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Canada Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Primary Material Used
6.2 Paper & Paparboard
7. Canada Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Type
7.1 Bottles Water
7.3 RTD Beverages
7.4 Sport Drinks
8. Competitive Intelligence - Key Company Profiles (List populated based on Global Presence)
8.1 Pactiv, LLC
8.2 Amcor, Ltd.
8.4 Graham Packaging Company
8.5 Ball Corporation
8.6 SIG Combibloc Company Ltd.
8.7 Tetra Pak International
8.9 Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd.
8.10 Rock Tenn Company
8.11 Nuconic Packaging
8.12 The Scoular Company
8.13 Owens-Illinois Inc
8.14 Crown Holdings Incorporated
8.15 Rexam inc
8.16 Alcoa Inc
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investor Outlook
10. Future of Canada Soft Drinks Packaging Market