|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The automotive coolant market was valued at USD 4,464 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 6157 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of above 4% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026).
The COVID-19 outbreak had a substantial impact on the global economic landscape. Concerns about potential business closures and recession are hitting the automotive coolant market. Moreover, registrations of new vehicles are on the decline as lockdown orders have restricted the number of vehicles running on roads.
However, the market is expected to witness optimistic growth as automotive coolant manufacturers focus on optimizing promotional and marketing strategies to mitigate losses during the crisis. For instance, Castrol has unveiled a new program to provide free coolant to consumers in the industrial sector as a COVID-19 strategy.
The rise in demand for vehicles and automakers and continuous investments in R&D for the development of cost-effective, environment-friendly, and low toxic products with a high life are likely to boost the automotive coolant market during the forecast period. Moreover, the easy and abundant availability of various materials, including ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, and glycerin, in developed countries helps new entrants to develop such products, also drives the automotive coolant market.
Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global automotive coolant market due to the higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including India, China, and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region to drive market growth during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Liquid coolants are consumed to handle the heat in automotive internal combustion engines. The coolant prevents the cooling system's corrosion by taking away the engine's excess heat and limiting damage to the engines in the long run. The scope of the report covers segmentation based on vehicle type, organic chemical type, and geography.
By vehicle type, the market is segmented into passenger cars and commercial vehicles. By organic chemical type, the market is segmented into ethylene glycol and propylene glycol. Moreover, by geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. For each segment, the market sizing and forecast have been done on the basis of value (USD million).
|By Vehicle Type|
|By Organic Chemical Type|
Key Market Trends
Passenger Car Segment Likely to Dominate the Market
The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by the end of the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
Automobile manufacturers are introducing newer brands and products to offer customized coolant and lubricant solutions for their customers, thereby, expanding the automotive coolant market share. Several global OEMs are investing in the country with either joint venture with established players or after the FDI norms relaxations investing directly in setting up their production unit or enhancing the sales and dealership network across the country. For instance,
- In May 2021, Chevron Corporation and Noble Midstream Partners LP announced that the companies had completed the previously announced acquisition, which resulted in Noble Midstream becoming an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron.
- In October 2020, MG Motors announced its interest in investing INR. 1,000 crore (USD 135.3 million) to launch new models and expand operations.
Moreover, high demand for e-class, crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which, in turn, is likely to boost the automotive coolant market. The rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
India Expected to Witness the Fastest Growth Rate in Asia-Pacific
Asia-Pacific held a leading share of the global automotive coolant market due to the higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including India, China, and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. India is to witness prominent growth due to the rising demand for vehicles during the forecast period. Moreover, the availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region, coupled with the increasing number of local manufacturers, is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
India is presently the sixth-biggest passenger vehicle manufacturer and the second-leading commercial vehicle developer, globally. Rapid industrialization gives way to improvements in the infrastructure, which is likely to benefit the regional market's progress. The swelling number of small and medium enterprises has elevated the demand for light passenger vehicles and heavy-duty trucks.
Indian PSU oil players, like IOCL, HPCL, BPCL, etc., along with private players, like RIL, are continuously increasing their crude oil production capacity. As ethylene glycol is a crude oil by-product, the increasing production and refining capacity of crude oil may increase the availability of ethylene glycol in India, simultaneously boosting the domestic production of coolant in the country.
The increasing domestic production of coolant may significantly help the coolant manufacturers to even the rising demand for coolant in the country. This is projected to fuel the automotive coolant market in the region in the next few years.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global automotive coolant market is consolidated with top manufacturers across the global market. The companies are focusing on geographic expansion for increasing their customer base and enhancing revenue generation. For instance,
- In April 2021, Valvoline expanded company-owned Quick-Lube Network with the acquisition of 16 service centers in Texas.
- In February 2020, AMSOIL announced a partnership with Banks Power to be the lubricant of choice for all Banks applications, including the new patented Ram-Air differential cover. Banks Power is a premier engineering firm and manufacturer of power-enhancing products for gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles.
Some prominent players in the automotive coolant market share include Chevron, Shell, Exxon Mobil, Valvoline Inc., and BP PLC (Castrol).
- In November 2020, Royal Dutch Shell PLC acquired full control of one of its gas station joint ventures in China, as the oil major doubles down on the fuel retailing market in the world’s second-largest economy.
- In October 2020, Valvoline Inc. announced that it plans to acquire 33 quick-lube service centers in Idaho, Missouri, and Kansas in two separate acquisitions. The company has also signed a definitive agreement with L & F Enterprises to purchase 12 quick-lube service centers in the Boise, Idaho area focusing on geographical expansion.
- In August 2021 - Valvoline Inc., a leading provider of automotive services and premium-branded lubricants, has launched new coolants technology specifically designed for modern engines: Valvoline Antifreeze Coolant HT-12™ Green and Valvoline Antifreeze Coolant HT-12 Pink.
- In July 2021, Castrol has launched new Castrol ON e-thermal fluid, an advanced new ‘direct’ battery e-thermal fluid that will enable future generations of EVs to be charged more rapidly and offer increased performance, protection, and sustainability.
- In February 2021, AMSOIL has introduced a new Powersports Antifreeze & Coolant designed to cool high-revving, hot-running powersports engines. Featuring an ethylene-glycol formulation that meets OEM recommendations, it provides an extended five-year service life with excellent boil-over protection up to 226ImageF (108°C) and freeze protection down to -34°F (-37°C).
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passenger Car
5.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.2 By Organic Chemical Type
5.2.1 Ethylene Glycol
5.2.2 Propylene Glycol
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
22.214.171.124 South America
126.96.36.199 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE**
6.1 Vendor Market Share**
6.2 Company Profiles *
6.2.1 BP PLC ( Castrol)
6.2.2 Chevron Corp.
6.2.3 ExxonMobil Corp.
6.2.4 Valvoline Inc.
6.2.5 Total SA
6.2.6 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.2.7 Indian Oil Corp. Ltd
6.2.8 JXTG Holdings Inc.
6.2.9 Prestone Products Corp.
6.2.10 Amsoil Inc.
6.2.11 Voltronic GmbH
6.2.12 American Mfg Co. (Rudson)
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS **
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive Coolant Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Automotive Coolant Market?
The Automotive Coolant Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
What is Automotive Coolant Market size in 2018?
The Automotive Coolant Market is valued at 4464 Million USD in 2018.
What is Automotive Coolant Market size in 2026?
The Automotive Coolant Market is valued at 6157 Million USD in 2026.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive Coolant Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Automotive Coolant Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Automotive Coolant Market?
ExxonMobil Corp., Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Valvoline Inc., BP PLC (Castrol), Chevron Corporation are the major companies operating in Automotive Coolant Market.