The South America smart textile market is estimated at USD XX billion in 2016 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2021, at a CAGR of XX%. South America accounts for XX% of the global smart textile market. The market is driven mainly due to the high technology-based applications of smart textile in the fields like sports & fitness, military & defense, medical industry, etc. The fabric’s application in the medical industry is a leading driver for the smart textile market in South America. Other drivers are the growing applications of smart textile in the military & defense and sport & fitness industries.
The major driver of the smart textile in South America is growing demand from the sport & textile industry. The high-performance body vital monitoring equipment and smart apparels are gaining popularity in the sport & fitness industry. Moreover, smart textiles are used to manufacture sportswear for running, extreme sports, and skiing; parachute fabric; sports footwear; artificial turfs; sleeping bags; and related products.
The major restraining factors for the growth of the smart textiles market are the slow rate of adoption and the lack of extensive standards and regulations. Compatibility issues and high-cost of production of these textiles are also some of the factors affecting the growth of this market. Smart textiles are highly complex and require high-end materials. Hence, the perfect cost-price balance has been difficult to achieve. Incompatibility issues among different types of smart textiles and electronic systems are also common, further making it difficult for the global smart textiles market to achieve a steady growth.
The major opportunities for the smart textile in South America market are growing demand for smart watches and wristbands, increase in growth rate of low-cost smart wireless sensor networks, increasing demand for sophisticated gadgets with advanced functions, and miniaturization of electronic components.
About the Market
- PESTLE Analysis (Overview): Macro market factors pertinent to this region.
- Market Definition: Main, as well as, associated/ancillary components constituting the market.
- Key Findings of the Study: Top headlines about market trends & numbers.
- Market Dynamics:
- Drivers: What are the key factors driving growth in the market?
- Restraints: Most relevant threats and restraints which hinder the growth of the market?
- Opportunities: Sectors of high return or quick turn around on investment?
- Market Concentration: Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis quantified by a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Chain Analysis:
- Market Share Analysis: Top players in the market (by value and volume).
- Company Profiles: Pertinent details about leading, high growth, and innovation-motivated stakeholders with contact, operations, product/service offerings, financials and strategies & insights.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Approach and Methodology
1.2.2 Research Design
1.2.3 Study Phases
1.3 Scope of the Report
1.4 Regional Analysis
1.4.1 PESTLE Analysis
1.4.2 Analysis of Ease of Doing Business
2. Market Dynamics
2.4 Market Demand Analysis
2.4.1 Identification of Target Subsegments (Demand Estimation)
2.4.2 Socio-Economic Segmentation of Potential Consumers
2.4.3 Spending Patterns
2.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
2.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
2.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.5.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Segmentation
3.1 By Type (USD million)
3.1.1 Active Smart
3.1.2 Passive Smart
3.2 By application (USD million)
3.2.2 Energy Harvesting
3.2.3 Luminescence & Aesthetics
3.3 By End-user (USD million)
3.3.1 Military and Protection
3.3.3 Sports and fitness
3.4 By Region (USD million)
4. Competition Analysis
4.1 Market Share of Major Stakeholders
4.2 Strategies Adopted, Recent Events
5. Supply Chain Analysis
5.1 Trade (Import-Export Analysis)
5.2 Distribution Network & Retail Analysis
6. Government Policies