North America accounts for a major share of the global smart textile market, with XX%. The market in the region is expected to grow at XX% CAGR during the forecast period 2016-2021. The growing penetration of smart phones with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect the sensors to Internet is expected to boost the smart textile market in North America. The increasing fitness & sports market is also expected to drive the market, along with high demand from the defense & military industry.
The increasing demand for high-performance body vital monitoring equipment and smart apparels are driving the smart textiles market in the region. Smart textiles are used to manufacture sportswear for running, extreme sports, skiing; parachute fabric; sports footwear; artificial turfs; sleeping bags; and related products. The North America sports and fitness clothing market is expected to reach USD XX billion by 2021, mainly due to the growing fitness and sporting activities in the country. Athletes and major league players are constantly striving to improve their performance and the choice of storing data for analysis by lightweight devices that can be fitted to their sportswear is paving the way for further performance enhancement.
The major restraining factors for the growth of the smart textiles market are the slow rate of adoption and the lack of extensive standards and regulations. Compatibility issues and high-cost of production of smart textiles are also some of the factors affecting the growth of this market. Smart textiles are highly complex and require high-end materials. Hence, the perfect cost-price balance has been difficult to achieve. Incompatibility issues among different types of smart textiles and electronic systems are also common, further making it difficult for the global smart textiles market to achieve a steady growth.
The advances in nanotechnology are expected to boost the overall smart textile market in the Asia-Pacific region. Incorporating nanotechnology into fabrics helps to change or enhance the properties like fire resistance, electronic capability and monitoring. This textile has many applications in the health and military sector. For example, lightweight uniforms that can detect the blood flow in the body, lightweight battle suits, uniforms that can change the color to match the surrounding, etc.
- Google Inc. (U.S.)
- International Fashion Machines, Inc. (U.S.)
- Textronics, Inc. (U.S.)
- Textronics, Inc. (U.S.)
- Vista Medical Ltd. (Canada)
- Sensoria Inc. (U.S.)
- Gentherm Incorporated (U.S.)
About the Market
- PESTLE Analysis (Overview): Macro market factors pertinent to this region.
- Market Definition: Main, as well as, associated/ancillary components constituting the market.
- Key Findings of the Study: Top headlines about market trends & numbers.
- Market Dynamics:
- Drivers: What are the key factors driving growth in the market?
- Restraints: Most relevant threats and restraints which hinder the growth of the market?
- Opportunities: Sectors of high return or quick turn around on investment?
- Market Concentration: Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis quantified by a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Chain Analysis:
- Market Share Analysis: Top players in the market (by value and volume).
- Company Profiles: Pertinent details about leading, high growth, and innovation-motivated stakeholders with contact, operations, product/service offerings, financials and strategies & insights.
1.1 Definition of the Market
1.2 Research Approach and Methodology
1.2.2 Research Design
1.2.3 Study Phases
1.3 Scope of the Report
1.4 Regional Analysis
1.4.1 PESTLE Analysis
1.4.2 Analysis of Ease of Doing Business
2. Market Dynamics
2.4 Market Demand Analysis
2.4.1 Identification of Target Subsegments (Demand Estimation)
2.4.2 Socio-Economic Segmentation of Potential Consumers
2.4.3 Spending Patterns
2.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
2.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
2.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.5.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Segmentation
3.1 By Type (USD million)
3.1.1 Active Smart
3.1.2 Passive Smart
3.2 By application (USD million)
3.2.2 Energy Harvesting
3.2.3 Luminescence & Aesthetics
3.3 By End-user (USD million)
3.3.1 Military and Protection
3.3.4 Sports and fitness
3.3.5 Fashion and entertainment
3.4 By Region (USD million)
3.4.1 United States
4. Competition Analysis
4.1 Market Share of Major Stakeholders
4.2 Strategies Adopted, Recent Events
5. Supply Chain Analysis
5.1 Trade (Import-Export Analysis)
5.2 Distribution Network & Retail Analysis
6. Government Policies