Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market Size
The Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market is expected to witness a CAGR of 14.2% over the forecasted period (2018-2023).
The scope of this report is restricted to Analog and Mixed Signal (AMS) IPs, which are circuit blocks that can handle both analog and digital signals. The Analog and Mixed Signal IPs are developed by several firms, such as Synopsys, Inc., Rambus.com, Forza Silicon Corporation, and MIPS, among others. North America is the major region due to the presence of advanced research institutes and increasing investments from players.
Increasing Reusability of AMS Blocks
The AMS blocks are generally made of the same components, such as transmitters, receivers, and operational amplifiers, among others. This enables their design to be standardized and improves their applications in several devices. The ability to produce standardized IP blocks that can be used in different devices greatly reduces the operational costs. With advancements in software that allow analog circuits to migrate over similar system processes, the reusability of AMS blocks has increased and this is a major driver for the market. Devices such as mobiles, CPUs, and other telecommunication devices have a standard architecture. This also adds to the increasing reusability of the AMS blocks.
Increasing Applications for Analog and Mixed Signal IP
The end-user industries such as telecommunication, automotive, and mobile, are growing at a fast pace. In addition to the growth of the industry, the development and advancements in the products is tremendous. Mobile phones are getting smaller and telecommunication devices have a high demand for robust components for high performance. The AMS IPs can provide for these applications with their smaller size and improving performance standards. New technological advancements and research in AMS IP market are factors that are expected to boost the market.
North America is the Largest Region for Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
Increasing technological focus and investments from market leaders in this region are driving this market, making it the the largest market for AMS IP. The growing number of players in the North American region have resulted in increasing collaboration, which leads to growing technology. Europe is the second largest region, followed by fast growing Asia-Pacific region. Europe has observed an increase in the players providing AMS IP products. However, the growing requirement for AMS IP products in the Asia-Pacific region has allowed the manufacturers a new market to grow.
Key Developments in the Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
- March 2018 - Synopsys acquires Silicon and Beyond Private Limited. This acquisition allows Synopsys to expand their DesignWare IP portfolio and help improve System on Chip design for high speed and data intensive programs. It will boost research and development activities of Synopsys.
- December 2017 - Synopsys and Helic deliver unified Electromagnetic-aware Analog and RF Custom Design Flow. The result is a complete solution for electromagnetic-aware (EM-aware) layout and analysis of mixed-signal, analog, and RF designs. This collaboration will help accelerate the development of robust custom designs and improve the design flow.
Major Players in Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
- Synopsys, Inc.
- Forza Silicon Corporation
- Alphacore Inc.
- Chipus Microelectronics
- Moortec Semiconductor Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market Report
- Analyzing the advancements in analog and mixed signal IP market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the type of service and end user is expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- Three month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market Study
1.2 Study Assumptions of Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary of Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
4.2.1 Increasing Reusability of AMS Blocks
4.2.2 Increasing Applications for Analog and Mixed Signal IP
4.3 Factors Restraining the Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
4.3.1 Digital IP have a Greater Degree of Flexibility in their Performance, Parameters, and Design
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market Segmentation
5.1 Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market By Design
5.1.1 Firm IP
5.1.2 Hard IP
5.2 Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market By Product
5.2.1 A2D & D2AConverter
5.2.2 Power Management Modules
5.3 Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market By End-user Industry
5.3.1 Consumer Electronics
5.4 Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market By Region
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles of Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
6.1 Cadence Design Systems, Inc
6.2 Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited
6.3 Globalfoundries Inc
6.4 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
6.5 Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
6.6 United Microelectronics Corporation
6.7 Synopsys, Inc
6.8 ARM Holdings Plc
6.9 Xilinx, Inc
6.10 Intel Corporation
6.11 Broadcom Limited
6.12 Analog Devices, Inc.
6.13 Maxim Integrated Products Inc
6.14 Texas Instruments Limited
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis of Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market
8. Outlook of Analog and Mixed Signal IP Market