The African brewing enzymes market is expected to record a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period 2018-2023. The regional market for brewing enzymes is supported by the innovation and new product development; thus, the market is estimated to grow during the forecast period, by expanding into the unexplored regions of Africa.
The domestic companies are being acquired by or merged with global companies, with an interest to expand their market share, and thus, gain a competitive edge over the competitors.
The brewing enzyme market in Africa is driven by the factors, like rising demand for consumer products, wider scope of enzyme applications and the strive towards economic development by the countries in the region have resulted in increased demand to innovate and develop products that have a scope for the growth in the forecast period, thus, these factors are expected to drive the regional brewing enzymes market. However, the regulations set for the usage of enzymes in the brewing industry act as a restraint for the growth. The high cost of infrastructure required to provide optimum conditions for the functioning of the enzymes has resulted in decreased number of applications in the region.
The African brewing enzymes market is broadly segmented by enzyme type and geography. The enzyme type is further segmented into Alpha Amylase, Beta Amylase, Endo Beta-glucanase, and others. The market has been geographically segmented into South Africa and others.
South African brewing enzymes market is developed and accounts for a majority of the share in the African market and thus, the neighboring countries in the region are expected to develop at a greater rate.
December 2017 – Heineken invested USD 100 million in setting up a new brewery in Maputo in the African region in order to tap the growing demand for beer among African consumers.
Major players - AEB Africa, Afrizymes, Dupont, Lyven, Megazyme, Novozymes, Royal DSM, Speciality Enzymes, ZA Biotech, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Consumer Products
4.1.2 Decreased Cost of End Products
4.2.1 Regulations in Brewing Industry
4.2.2 Technical Factors: Restricted Temperature, PH Operational Range, Enzyme, and Substrate Concentration
4.3.1 Market Demand for Different Beer Types and Styles
4.3.2 Investment in R&D of Brewing Enzymes
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 Type of Enzyme
5.1.1 Alpha Amylase
5.1.2 Beta Amylase
5.1.3 Endo Beta Glucanase
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1.1 South Africa
6.1.2 Rest of Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 AEB Africa
8.7 Royal DSM
8.8 Speciality Enzymes
8.9 ZA Biotech