The African fertilizer industry shall have a CAGR of 2.7% over the forecast period of 2017-2022, as nutrient requirements and active ingredients usage are set to rise. Factors supporting the market are economic growth, potential for the agriculture sector, and input-output prices.
Major drivers for the fertilizer market growth in Africa are increased demand for food grains and need for land use efficiency. Mounting awareness about the fertilizers application would help in market growth in the region. While product innovation and INM practices involving synthetic fertilizers will provide future opportunities, the high cost of fertilizers, poor government support and hindrance in agriculture sector growth in underdeveloped countries may create obstacles to the market.
By type, the market is divided into nitrogen, phosphorus, potash and other macro fertilizers wherein nitrogen-based fertilizers account for the highest market share. By application, the market is explained by crop and non-crop usage.
The African fertilizers market demand is led by agricultural countries like South Africa and Egypt. While South Africa accounts for the majority share, demand would grow at a faster rate in Egypt.
Key Industry Players
Major players accounting for substantial market share are:
- Yara International
- Potash Corp
Companies are targeting the African region for future growth of the industry; geographical expansion with country specific product innovations is the major strategy followed by market players.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Africa fertilizers market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Africa fertilizers market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Need for Efficient Land Use
5.1.2 Increasing Demand for Food Grains
5.2.1 Agricultural Growth Constraint
5.2.2 Poor Government Support and Availability of Capital
5.2.3 High Cost of Fertilizers
5.3.1 Product Innovations and Multi-Functional Fertilizers
5.3.2 INM Practices
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
126.96.36.199 Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN)
188.8.131.52 Ammonium Nitrate
184.108.40.206 Ammonium Sulfate
220.127.116.11 Other Nitrogenous Fertilizers
18.104.22.168 Mono-Ammonium Phosphate (MAP)
22.214.171.124 Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP)
126.96.36.199 Triple Superphosphate (TSP)
188.8.131.52 Other Phosphatic Fertilizers
6.2 By Application
184.108.40.206 Grains & Cereals
220.127.116.11 Oil Seeds
18.104.22.168 Fruits & Vegetables
22.214.171.124 Turf & Ornamental Grass
6.3 By Geography
126.96.36.199 South Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures
7.3 New Product Launches
7.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.5 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.4 CF Industries Holdings
8.5 Yara International
8.6 Bunge (BG)
8.7 Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)
8.8 Monsanto Company
8.9 E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company
8.10 Nufarm Ltd.
8.11 Dow Agrosciences Llc.
8.12 Israel Chemicals Ltd.
8.13 Syngenta AG.
8.14 K+S AG
8.16 Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative
8.17 Haifa Group
8.18 Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile SA
8.19 One Acre Fund
8.21 Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan
8.22 Bayer Crop Science
List of Tables
1. Africa Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
2. South Africa Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
3. Egypt Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, Z91: Z104 (USD million)
4. Other African Countries Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, Z91: Z104 (USD million)
5. Africa Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
6. Africa Nitrogenous Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
7. Africa Phosphatic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
8. Africa Phosphatic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
9. Africa Potassic Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
10. Africa Other Fertilizers Market Revenue, by Country, 2014-2022(USD million)
11. Africa Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
12. Africa Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
13. South Africa Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
14. Egypt Fertilizer Market Revenues, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)
15. Other African Countries Fertilizer Market Revenue, by Crop Type, 2014-2022(USD million)